Born in Vero Beach, Florida, Dr. Jennifer Welter made it all the way to Arizona to do something no woman in history had ever done before. Being the first woman coach in the NFL is just one of the many unbelievable things she has done on her journey. Playing for the Texas Revolution of Champions Indoor Football, she had caught the eye of then-Arizona Cardinals Head Coach Bruce Arians.
Jen never let anyone tell her that she couldn't be what she wanted to be and she has now changed the standard--not just for other women in the NFL--but all of sports and all fields where there is a lack of diversity. She is an inspiration for women all over the world to pursue their dreams.
In her all-new book, Play Big: Lessons in Being Limitless from the First Woman To Coach in the NFL, you can hear her story of ambition and her commitment to chase her dreams.
In this episode we talk about...
- Growing up in Florida and the importance of football.
- Being the only female on the field.
- Playing for Texas Revolution.
- Being a woman in the men's locker room.
- Play Big: Lessons in Being Limitless from the First Woman To Coach in the NFL.
- Her first practice, and the best player on her team coming to her defense.
- Women in today's world.
- ...and more.