I few years ago, I posted a list on this very blog of some of my predictions for the future. It’s interesting to see which predictions came to fruition already, and which are on their way.
Here’s my old list:
- Living to age 100 will become the norm, not the exception.
- A school bus will pick up your kids with no bus driver.
- Think we have a lot of Alexa and Siri right now? There will be more virtual search assistants in the future.
- Perhaps your lifetime medical record from any and all doctors will be in one place! *think it’s already here*
- Colleges will be for the minority of people. Most people will get continued education online if at all.
- It will be just a matter of time before you won't need an ID. You'll be able to fingerprint scan or use voice or eye ID at airports, banks, and more.
- LinkedIn will be live now! That will be great for business. As my friend Gary Vaynerchuk says, whoever puts out the most content will be the winner. *they have a live function*
- Thanks in part to the United States Women's soccer team, we might see women in professional sports treated and compensated equally with men.
- In the next US presidential election, more people will vote than ever before across the country's history. We may not be able to even handle the volume of voters in one day. More money will be spent on ads than ever before, and TV ratings the night of the election will reach all-time highs as everyone awaits the results.
- Fans of esports will soon fill arenas to watch players compete against each other on computers. *esports are booming right now, filling stadiums and even building esports arenas!*
- Sporting events will have gambling on-site. Gambling may be the best next step for sports, because now fans will have the opportunity to bet on each play, each quarter, etc. The big game will be the game within the game, with constant betting taking place throughout each competition. *gaming kiosks are beings implemented across in the country in states where it is federally legal to gamble. Not to mention mobile betting*
- We will soon have football year round! The XFL already began this year in February, March, April, etc. Summer league football is right around the corner, similar to what we see now with the NBA. *we’re on that path!*
- The NBA and NFL will have teams in Europe within the next 5 years. We'll also see the NBA return to Seattle in that time. *the NHL is in Seattle! Will we go to Europe or Mexico in other leagues soon?*
- MLB will expand to Las Vegas and possibly cities like Austin or Charlotte *the Raiders are moving and the Golden Knights are already in Las Vegas. The question is, where’s next?*
- While we're on the topic of baseball, I don't think the home plate umpire will exist much longer. Maybe we'll even see the game get down to two hours rather than 3! *robo-strike zones are already being tested out. How much longer until robo-refereeing is implemented in other aspects of the game? In other leagues?*
What do you expect to see in the future, and do you like what you see?
If you haven’t already, please check out CollectibleXchange, or CXStuff. CX was created just for you! If you’re looking to buy or sell any collectibles, this is the #1 place to be! Check it out and let me know what you think.
Quote of the day: "An optimist sees an opportunity in every calamity; a pessimist sees a calamity in every opportunity” - Ananymous
Song of the Day: “Changes” – 2Pac