I can't believe some of the biggest mistakes I've made over the years. Share some of your biggest mistakes you've made in the comments below for a chance to win a copy of my upcoming book, "Living On Purpose"!
Here are a compilation of some of the biggest mistakes that I've made or have seen people make. Many of which will be found in the latest book, which you can preorder here.
The biggest mistake you'll make is...
- Delaying things you want to do or love to do.
- Saying "I don't have any time" when all you have is time.
- Not knowing that the best thing to do when things get tough is to ask for help. Typically, things automatically get easier once you ask.
- When facing difficulty, not asking yourself what role ego plays in it.
- Trying to get your kids to live the life you didn't live.
- Not understanding that people don't notice your mistakes as much as you think you do. We all overvalue and overestimate our mistakes.
- Focusing on doing well rather than doing good. The key is to focus on doing good. The by-product of doing good is doing well.
- Not having an app to park your car. Seriously, get a parking app and stop carrying quarters around everywhere.
- Getting locked into a million and one thoughts, when in the end there's only one basic thought: whether you want to be happy or not. Once you choose, you're on your way.
- Trying to "be happy", not be happier. The happier people are those who are growing and grateful and want to be learning.
- Thinking "I can't believe this happened to me." Who's it supposed to happen to? Life doesn't happen to you, it happens for you.
- Never asking! The answer is always no if you don't ask.
- Viewing your challenges as a disadvantage. Facing and overcoming adversity is usually your biggest advantage. Michelle Obama put this one best.
- Not knowing what you want and killing yourself to get it. We're all guilty of that!
- Not realizing that your biggest asset is your health, not what's in your bank account. "Your body is an asset," as Tom Brady has said.
- Not recognizing that what you do every day is more than important than what you do once in a while.
- Failing to see that the grass isn't greener over there, it's greener where you water it.
- Going on a diet without a purpose without a "why". If you're without a "why" and going on a diet, it's a huge mistake! The ultimate diet is actually a lifestyle change.
- Not acknowledging that if you're not happy at home, you're generally not happy.
Are you guilty of some of these? Share your thoughts below for a chance to win a copy of "Living On Purpose"!
Quote of the Day: "Overcoming adversity is an advantage" - Michelle Obama
Song of the Day: "How To Save A Life" by The Fray
*My latest book; "Living on Purpose: Stories about Faith, Fortune and Fitness that will lead you to an Extraordinary Life", is now available for pre-order! Click here!*