With many states legalizing sports gambling--most notably New Jersey being from the Tri-State area--I question...what is all this? I have never gambled, but being a sports guy the flow of people asking for my advice/picks hasn't stopped.
Well, I am no expert, but I have learned over the years that if you surround yourself with people that are smarter than you, you have a good chance of learning really fast.
So, I called my friend Anita Marks. You know her as a radio and TV host on ESPN. When it comes to sports picks, she is my most trusted source. Here's who she has in the NFL this weekend:
Looking to lay some coin on NFL action this weekend?
It definitely improves the entertainment value , especially while watching Denver at San Francisco, Detroit at Arizona, or even The NY Jets at Buffalo.
How do you go about doing so?
- East Rutherford, NJ - walk into the FanDuel Sportsbook to place your bets
- Drive across the NY/NJ state line - so your computer registers a NJ IP address and place your bets online with FanDuel, Draftkings or William Hill.
- WILLIAM HILL NEW JERSEY SPORTS BOOKS at Monmouth Park, Ocean Resort or Tropicana, Atlantic City.
Now that we have that settled…where should you be laying your hard earned coin?
NFL Week 14 Lines (Lines via Westgate Sportsbook)
Baltimore @ KC (-6.5)
As much as I love Lamar Jackson and can't wait to see what he and Gus Edwards do on the ground against this Chiefs defense, I still don't believe the Ravens have enough offensive firepower to keep up with the Mahomies!
Pick: KC (-6.5)
Indianapolis @ Houston (-4.5)
This is a bounce back game for a Colts team that is still in the playoff hunt!
Colts pass defense is good, and will keep this game close.
Pick: Indy (+4.5)
Carolina (-1.5) @ Cleveland
The Panthers have lost 4 straight games after starting the season 6-2.
The Browns are proving they can win without Hue Jackson. Cleveland at home and the Panthers unable to force turnovers has me leaning Dawg Pound!
Pick: Cleveland (+1.5)
Atlanta @ Green Bay (-4.5)
The Packers coaching staff has experienced a lot of drama this week, and Joe Philbin is auditioning to be the next head coach in 2019.
I don't like this match up at all, but I’ll roll with the home team.
Pick: Green Bay (-4.5)
New Orleans (-9.5) @ Tampa Bay
This is a bounce back game for the Saints and Drew Brees.
The Bucs defense…MUCH different than the Cowboys! Tampa Bay has the most offensive turnovers in the NFL. Brees will put on a “MVP vote” show.
Pick: New Orleans (-9.5)
NY Jets @ Buffalo (-3.5)
Josh Allen has been able to create with his legs, and not just his arm.
The Jets defense is going to have a difficult time with him. SoCal boy, Sam Darnold, gets the start in a blistery day up north.
Pick: Buffalo (-3.5)
New England (-7.5) @ Miami
Miami is playing to keep their post season hopes alive, and Tom Brady never plays well near South Beach.
Pick: Miami (+7.5)
LA Rams (-3) @ Chicago
This will be Jared Goff’s most difficult opponent all season. The Bears lead the league in interceptions with 21. Can the Rams sustain a solid rushing game with Todd Gurley to keep this Bears defense honest? That is the question. Mitch Trubisky is back, and I have this game closer than most expect.
Pick: Chicago (+3)
NY Giants (-3.5) @ Washington
Two words for you…Mark Sanchez!
Pick: NY Giants (-3.5)
Denver (-3.5) @ San Francisco
Denver’s playoff hopes are still alive, but losing Emmanuel Sanders is a huge hit.
I still believe Philip Lindsay will have a field day against the 49ers.
Pick: Denver (-3.5)
Cincinnati @ LA Chargers (-14)
The Bengals are a hot mess, and there is a lot of talk of Marv Lewis’ future this week.
The Chargers are red hot, have a ton of weapons, and Joey Bosa is back.
Pick: LA Chargers (-14)
Detroit (-3) @ Arizona
Not sure anyone could pay me enough money to watch this game.
I’ll take the home team getting points.
Pick: Arizona (+3)
Philadelphia @ Dallas (-3.5)
This is a playoff game in week 14. Since the Amari Cooper trade, the Cowboys have turned their season around. The Dallas defense is going to be a tough challenge for the Eagles, but this is a NFC East showdown. It will be a tight game.
Pick: Philadelphia (+3.5)
Pittsburgh (-10) @ Oakland
The Steelers are playing with their third string running back and have failed to close out games as of late. I believe they win this one, but closer than what most think.
Pick: Oakland (+10)
Minnesota @ Seattle (-3)
When everyone left them for dead…the Seahawks proved everyone wrong.
Both teams are fighting to get into the post season and playing good football.
The Vikings have a great defense, but the Seahawks run the ball well.
The twelfth man at home gets the edge.
Pick: Seattle (-3)
Interested in Week 14 player prop bets? Here are the prop bets I like for Week 14:
- Philip Rivers over 250 passing yards and 2 touchdowns vs Cincinnati
- Lamar Jackson over 60 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown vs Kansas City
- Ben Roethlisberger over 280 passing yards and 2 touchdowns vs Oakland
- Jared Goff under 290 passing yards vs Chicago
- Matthew Stafford under 250 passing yards vs Arizona
- Josh Allen over 40 rushing yards vs NY Jets
- Chris Godwin and Adam Humphries both over 60 receiving yards vs New Orleans
- Amari Cooper over 70 receiving yards and a touchdown vs Philadelphia
- Zay Jones over 40 receiving yards
- Courtland Sutton over 4 receptions and over 60 receiving yards vs San Francisco
- Doug Baldwin under 50 receiving yards
- Austin Eckler over 60 rushing yards vs Cincinnati (with Melvin Gordon inactive)
- Gus Edwards over 75 rushing yards vs Kansas City
- Aaron Jones over 70 rushing yards vs Atlanta
- Josh Adams under 70 rushing yards vs Dallas
- Vance McDonald over 3 receptions and over 30 receiving yards vs Oakland
- Cameron Brate under 40 reciving yards vs New Orleans
- Kyle Rudolph under 40 receiving yards vs Seattle