Believe it or not, I watch Grey's Anatomy religiously. I love that show.
It introduced me to a great concept: the Grey's Anatomy My Person.
(One of the many clips explaining it can be found here.)
"Your Person" is the friend who:
- You can call at 3 AM with an emergency, and they come running
- Who's always flexible
- Who offers unconditional love and support to you
- Who's non-judgmental
- Who's opinion matters more than everyone else
- Who you can talk about anything with
- Who you can spend a few hours with and NOT talk about anything - and still be totally comfortable
- Who you can hug at any time
- Who would maybe help you cover up a murder
Basically, who's your ROCK. Who, when the rest of the world is falling down around you, will remain your steady point of reference.
"My person" is my wife.
Thank them for being that "person" right now!
If you don't have "a person," you gotta designate one!
If no one in your life is worth that designation, you gotta work on finding someone who is!
What makes your "person" unique?
I'd love to hear your feedback in the comments section on the online blog.