On the latest episode of my podcast, Unplugged with Brandon Steiner, I spoke with New York Rangers Goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.
A winner of the Vezina Trophy in 2012, Lundqvist is the only goaltender in NHL history to record 30 wins in each of his first seven seasons.
New York sports expectations are unparalleled to any other city in the world. When you are one of the cities biggest stars, you need to be prepared to bring your best every game. For Henrik, the key to performing at a high level is constant preparation, and focus.
In this episode we talk about...
- Getting away from the game and being with family.
- The Henrik Lundqvist Foundation.
- His mindset during the game and athletes handling pressure.
- His relationship with his twin brother.
- The current state of hockey and the NHL.
- His opinion of the New York Rangers this season.
- Playing in New York, compared to other places.
- ...and more.