I am excited to announce that over the next few months I am going to be bringing the core concepts and principles from my first book, The Business Playbook: Leadership Lessons from the World of Sports, back to life as a series of posts on this blog.
It is hard to believe that 11 years have gone by since the book was released. While quite a lot has happened since then both in the development of my business and in my maturation as a leader, manager and entrepreneur, I realized that a lot of the things I teach in the book have remained the same.
So, whether you are a recent college grad, or a seasoned business pro, there will be something that you can take away from reading this series and apply to your daily life on the road to success.
Topics I’ll cover over the next few months will include:
- Start with a Road Map– Understand the benefits of having a plan.
- Find Your Niche – What are you good at and how can you exploit it?
- Wake Up Nervous! – How to stay on top of your game.
- Know Your Purpose- How do you fit into the grand-scheme of things in your industry?
- Go the Extra Mile– Value proposition to turn your current customers brand advocates.
- You Never Know– Bring the luck to you.
- Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes– Knowing when to shake things up.
- It’s Not What Happens, It’s What You Do with What Happens– How to hand adversity.
- See Success as a Habit– Get addicted to success.
I just recently re-read the book myself and I am excited to dive-in to this new series with you!