Things that I’m grateful for:
- When someone says, “Yes, I can!” and then they come through.
- A great joke. A really sarcastic, solid joke.
- When someone foresees what I need without asking me, and just does it.
- Seeing someone fight through adversity with sheer tenacity. Relentless pursuit.
- When the underdog wins.
- When someone does something above and beyond what was expected. When the guy who comes to fix my boiler finds something else to fix and takes care of it – even though he didn’t “have to.” The extra mile.
- Getting to work and seeing that people have shown up early.
- When an employee almost runs me over on the way to their desk.
- When someone cuts me off by accident, but then waves to me and says sorry.
- When somebody comes in my office and admits they made a mistake – when it’s clear I never would have found out otherwise.
- When people lose with dignity. When a team loses and they show respect to the other team; they reach out to their opponents to say, “Good game.”
- When players sign autographs for free in an area of the stadium where the fans don’t usually get much attention.
- Seeing people who are highly motivated without being money-driven.
- When I’m able to give somebody something they never expected. When I send an autograph to a kid I met at the stadium. Or when I’m able to bring a player to a home to surprise the kids there. The looks on their faces.
- A great, inspirational quote. Like: “Focus on what you have and you’ll have more. Focus on what you don’t have, and you’ll have less.”
NOTE: If you received this from a friend, and you’d like to receive all posts directly - or you’d like to leave a comment - please click on the link below to go to the online blog. There, you can enter your email address on the right-hand side to subscribe, or leave a comment at the bottom of the post.