I am no expert on a great marriage or perfect marriage. I’m still trying to figure it out after 27 years. I still ask people that seem to have worked it out, “What’s the key?”
Here are my top suggestions from what I have gotten from friends, relatives and therapists, too:
- You both have to want to make it work, want to be married.
- Communication: you have to schedule it sometimes. You can’t use your kids or work as an excuse. Make sure you sit down and talk about things.
- Make sure you are listening and this doesn't mean you have to have the solutions to your spouse’s problems. Sometimes your spouse just needs to be heard.
- No matter how much money you make and how important your job is this doesn’t carry over to your life at home. You have to participate: take out the garbage, drive kids to play-dates, etc.
- You have to work it out once in a while so both of you can get some time to do whatever you want. Do you get the 2-3 hours to go shopping, work out or go to the game?
- Make sure you have sex. Don’t use excuses like work or kids. Make the time.
- Do fun stuff together as often as you can.
- Remember why you got married in the first place. Take the time to remember when you first met and why you got together.
- Keep date nights going.
- If you have a problem don’t let it sit and push it under the carpet. Go see someone and work it out. Most problems don’t just go away on their own.
What are some of your best marriage tips?
Trust ,loyalty,respect also try and go out on a date once a month even if it’s with other people go have some fun you both deserve it
Make sure you pay the cable bill to watch something together on Sunday nights.
These ten tips are excellen. I am married for 40 years. Don’t forget Compromize and meet half way. Other than that you hit the ball out of the park. Follow these tips and it will work
Share some mutual goals.